Five Tips for a Stress Free Wedding Day
Okay, so the big day is finally there. Twelve months of planning, saving and making sure that everything is okay has finally come to this. It’s the big show. It’s your day.
So don’t ruin it. Here are five tips on how to make sure that things go a little more smoothly on your special day.
- Make sure that any agreements you get into with your wedding supplier is done in writing and when we say writing, we mean a contract that is legally binding. Let your suppliers know what your preferences as well as what you do not want. Make sure you do this well before your wedding day.
- Don’t try to do everything. There is a reason why there are wedding coordinators. There are simply too many things to do take care of for a wedding and you cannot do them all on your own. Learn to delegate. This will become even more important on the day of your wedding. Assign someone to take care of all the bills as well as any last minute expenses. Also make sure that someone will be checking every single detail to make sure that everything is in order.
- Assemble an emergency kit and no it’s not going to be a medical kit. This is a bride kit. This would contain the essential items that you would need in case something needs to be fixed. These can include stain removers, a sewing kit, safety pins, breath mints, an extra razor, tissue and some nail polish! You never know when these will come in handy and you do not want small disasters to ruin your special day.
- Don’t let kids carry your wedding rings! You paid a lot for these so don’t let the ring bearer go running around with them. Instead, use fake rings and attach this to the ring pillow. At that distance, no one will be able to tell the difference. Let your entourage keep the real articles for safekeeping.
- Practice walking in your wedding gown. You’re buying so many new things to wear so do not even think of taking them out for a test run on the day of your wedding. Make sure you know how it feels to be in your wedding gown well before your wedding so you will be more comfortable and natural when the big day comes.
Cheers to you on your wedding day!